Easter Hidden Centre Cupcakes
If you are looking for an egg-stremely delicious Easter cupcake recipe then look no further!
- For a super chocolatey fix, try Renshaw Chocolate Icing, or whip our Belgian Chocolate Ganache to use as the topping.
- For any left over ganache, why not use it for dipping fruit, or make some delicious truffles.
To take a look at the Rainbow Dust product used in this recipe, click here.
Uploaded by Renshaw Baking
- Prepare your equipment: cupcake corer, 2 x piping bags, nozzle
- 8 Pre made cupcakes
- 400 g Renshaw Belgian Chocolate Ganache
- 400 g Renshaw Salted Caramel Icing
- Chocolate Eggs
- Rainbow Dust Confetti- Gold Stars
Creating a hidden centre:
Using a cupcake corer, cut a small hole out of the centre of each cupcake, reserving the cut out sponge for later. If you don’t have a cupcake corer, you can use an apple corer or knife for this step.
Heat the Belgian Chocolate Ganache in the microwave following the on pack instructions.
Spoon the ganache into a piping bag, snip off the end, and fill the holes of each cupcake, being careful not to fill the holes all the way to the top (leave a small gap of approximately 5mm).
Keep the piping bag with the ganache as you will need this for drizzling the cupcakes at the end.
Take the reserved sponge pieces and place on top of the ganache, ‘sealing’ each hole.
Decorating the cupcakes:
Open the Salted Caramel Icing tub and mix well with a spoon.
Snip off the end of a piping bag, insert a nozzle of your choice (we used a Wilton 1M nozzle), spoon the icing into the bag, and pipe a whirl onto the cupcakes.
Cut the chocolate eggs in half & place each half onto the top of each cupcake.
Take the remaining Ganache and drizzle over the top of each cupcake.
Finish the cupcakes by sprinkling them with Rainbow Dust Gold Stars.