Marzipan Eccles Cakes
We have given the traditional Eccles Cake a sparkly almond make over! We have used our delicious Original Marzipan in the bake to give a wonderful almond taste, and decorated the cakes using Rainbow Dust Sparkle Dust for a magical finish- how could anyone resist?!
- Did you know you can grate marzipan onto/ into almost anything- ice cream, porridge, sponge cake, desserts, the list goes on!
Uploaded by Renshaw Baking
- Prepare your equipment: Grease proof paper, 9cm circle cutter, pastry docker (or a fork if you don’t have one of these)
- 75 g Currants
- 75 g Sponge crumb
- 25 g Brown Sugar
- 2 g Cinnamon
- 50 g Unsalted Butter
- 85 g Renshaw Original Marzipan
- Ready Made Puff Pastry (1 sheet)
- 30 g Unsalted Butter (for melting)
- Caster Sugar (for dusting)
- Rainbow Dust Sparkle Dust Golden Belle
Preheat the oven to 375°F/ 190°C fan.
Melt the butter in the microwave or on the hob.
Tip the currants, brown sugar and cinnamon into the sponge crumb, and gently mix using your hands.
Grate the marzipan into the mix, and combine with your hands.
Pour the melted butter into the mixture and combine using your hands.
Unroll the pastry sheet and cut out 16 discs with a 9cm circular cutter.
Melt 30g of butter in the microwave or on the hob and gently brush the disc of pastry all over.
Place 10-12g of mixture onto the pastry disc, leaving a small space around the edge. Be careful not overload the discs or they won’t seal!
Crimp the edges of the disc together with your hands, bring the edges into the centre, and gently pat into a circular cake shape.
Prick the tops of the cakes with a pastry docker (or folk if you don’t have one of these).
Brush the tops of the cakes with butter, and sprinkle them with caster sugar.
Bake them in the oven for 20 minutes.
Spray them with Sparkle Dust for a beautiful sparkly finish.