Marzipan Bakewell Crumble Tarts
Our take on the classic Bakewell Tart. We have created this delicious recipe by baking marzipan into the tart to give a delicious almond flavour, and a crunchy crumble top. They have been finished with Sparkle Dust to make them shine! Delicious served warm!
- For any left over marzipan, why not roll them into tiny balls & dip them in melted chocolate- yummy!
- You can grate marzipan into and onto anything- it’s particularly delicious on ice cream!
Uploaded by Renshaw Baking
- Prepare your equipment: 10cm tart tins, non stick cooking spray, 7.5cm circle cutter
- 500 g Renshaw Original Marzipan
- 225 g Unsalted butter, softened
- 45 g Icing sugar
- 2 tsp Almond extract
- 290 g Plain flour
- 160 g Raspberry jam (good quality)
- Rainbow Dust Sparkle Dust Snow White
Making the tarts:
Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 160°c fan.
Spray the tart tins with some non-stick cooking spray.
Cream the butter, 50g marzipan, icing sugar and almond extract together in a mixer for approximately 1-2 minutes.
Add in the flour slowly until it resembles rough bread crumbs. Tip into a bowl and gently rub between your finger tips until it resembles fine bread crumbs.
Place 50g of the crumble mixture into each tart tin.
Using the back of a spoon, press the mixture into the sides of the tin to create the crust around the edge
Take 240g of marzipan and knead on a clean, dry work surface until pliable.
Roll out the marzipan on a surface lightly dusted with Icing Sugar.
Take a 7.5cm circle cutter and cut out 8 discs of marzipan. Place these on top of the crumble mix in the tarts.
Spoon in a generous amount of jam (approx. 20g) and place in the centre, on top of the marzipan discs.
Top the jam with the remaining crumble mix.
Take some marzipan and grate a light sprinkle on top of the crumble mix.
Bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes until lightly browned.
Give the tarts a quick spray of Sparkle Dust to make them shine, and enjoy warm with a cup of tea!