Shimmering Caramel Flapjacks
Have a go at making these delicious caramel flapjacks. They use our Luxury Bakers Caramel with Rainbow Dust Sparkle Dust to create a beautiful shimmering surface- a real crowd pleaser!
- You could also try topping these flapjacks with dark chocolate instead of white chocolate to cut through some of the sweetness.
- For any left over caramel, why not give an extra drizzle on top of the flapjack (or spread on toast or a crumpet for an extra naughty treat!)
- Rainbow Dust Lustre also works really well with chocolate. Allow the chocolate topping to cool & then use a food safe paintbrush to add any colour you like. Click here to see the full range of Lustres.
Uploaded by Renshaw Baking
- Prepare your equipment: spoon, bowl, baking tin, palette knife, piping bag, scissors
- 350 g Rolled oats
- 300 g Renshaw Luxury Bakers' Caramel
- 80 g Self raising flour
- 50 g Caster sugar
- 300 g White chocolate
- Freeze dried raspberry pieces
- 50 g Milk chocolate
- Rainbow Dust Ruby Slipper Sparkle Dust
MAKING THE FLAPJACK:
Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 160°c fan.
Mix the oats, sugar & plain flour together in a bowl.
Melt the butter gently in the microwave, pour into the dry ingredients and stir with a spoon.
Put 300g of the Renshaw Baking Caramel into a bowl and gently warm in the microwave following the on pack instructions, pour into the buttery oats mixture and stir with the spoon.
Spread this into a baking tin and bake in the oven for 23 minutes until lightly browned.
Decorating the flapjacks:
Decorate with freeze dried raspberries.
Pour the melted chocolate onto the flapjack and spread with a palette knife to cover.
Place the milk chocolate into a microwavable bowl, and gently heat in the microwave until just melted, making sure not to burn.
Put the chocolate into a small piping bag, snip off the end & drizzle over the flapjack.
Give the flapjack a quick spray of Sparkle Dust to finish, and slice into fingers (you can always add the Sparkle Dust once sliced if you prefer!).