- 100g (4oz) self-raising flour
- 100g (4oz) caster sugar
- 100g (4oz) butter
- 2 medium eggs – beaten
- 400g Renshaw Vanilla Piping Frosting
- 500g Renshaw White Ready to Roll Icing
- 250g Renshaw Pink Ready to Roll Icing
- 250g Renshaw Jet Black Ready to Roll Icing
- Red writing icing
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Line a cup cake tray with cases.
- Sieve the self-raising flour into a mixing bowl, add the caster sugar and butter, then slowly mix in the beaten eggs.
- Whisk the mixture for approximately two minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases until they are half full.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes and remove when light, fluffy and golden brown.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- When cooled, pipe a swirl of Renshaw Vanilla Piping Frosting onto each cupcake. Spread the icing on each cupcake out with a fork to create a rough texture like rabbit fur.
- For each of the rabbit's ears, knead a small amount of the Renshaw White Ready to Roll Icing until soft and pliable. Roll two pieces of icing into Malteaser sized balls and mould into a small carrot shape, and then press them flat. Mark an indent down the centre of each ear.
- Place the ears close together towards one end of the cupcake and bend the end of the ears upwards. Repeat for each cupcake.
- For each rabbit's nose, knead a small amount of the Renshaw Pink Ready to Roll Icing until soft and pliable. Mould the icing into a heart shape.
- Place the pink heart shaped icing in the centre of the cupcake for the nose. Repeat for each cupcake.
- For each rabbit's eyes, knead a small amount of the Renshaw White and Jet Black Ready to Roll Icing until soft and pliable. Roll the white icing into small balls and press flat, then roll the black icing into smaller balls, press flat, and stick to the centre of the white icing with cooled boiled water.
- Place the eyes onto the cupcake to make the rabbit's face. Repeat for each cupcake.
- For each cupcake, using the red writing icing, pipe a W shaped mouth out from the bottom of the rabbit's nose.