The new spring and summer collections are being launched on the catwalks of London, Paris and Milan and so we thought what better way to celebrate than with a glamorous fashion-inspired bake off.
We want you to create a stunning, show stopping cake that Dior, Chanel and Yves Saint Laurent would have at their launch parties. What you choose to bake within that remit is up to you: a flowing dress cake that imitates the pastel shades that are hot this spring and summer, a pair of colourfully iced low-heeled pumps (big in the 80s and back with a bang in 2014) or anything you desire, let your creativity run wild. You can take inspiration from the classics, what’s hot this season or try and break the mould with something truly haute couture.
- Dates: The competition runs from the 1st to the 18th of May.
- Entry details: All you have to do is share your fantastic fashion cake with us on Facebook, Twitter or G+.
- Judging criteria: We’ll be judging you on the creativity of your cake, the excellence of your baking, sugar crafting and decorating skills and also the quality of finish; after all fashion is all about the little details.
The lucky winner will receive a £100 Renshaw Baking voucher to spend on the baking products of their desires and a fashion-inspired ‘Pret-a-Portea’ afternoon tea for two at The Berkeley in London, worth £82.
5 runners-up will each receive a £25 Renshaw Baking voucher.
So get designing and let’s see some fashion-themed cakes to die for. As Coco Chanel said: “Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only…fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.”
And what we bake!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Entrants and winners must be aged 18 or over and be residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Republic of Ireland.
- The competition is not open to employees (or their immediate families) of the Promoter, its agents or anyone professionally connected to the promotion.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- Entries must be submitted by posting a fashion themed cake or bake created by yourself on Renshaw’s Facebook, Twitter or Google + pages.
- Winners are chosen at Renshaw’s discretion.
- First prize includes a £100 voucher off one order at www.renshawbaking.com before Sunday 31 August 2014 and a fashion inspired ‘Pret a Portea’ afternoon tea experience for two at The Berkeley, London.
- First prize also includes provision of train travel to and from London up to the value of £100. Renshaw Baking will agree a time and date with the winner and purchase the train tickets on their behalf. For travel costs over £100, the prize winner will be required to purchase their own ticket, and on proof of purchase, Renshaw Baking will send a cheque for £100.
- The five runner up prizes includes a £25 voucher off one order at www.renshawbaking.com before Sunday 31 August 2014 Renshaw reserve the right to feature the winning and runner up entries on the renshawbaking.com website and in Renshaw Baking communications.
- By entering this competition you agree to receive emails from renshawbaking.com (which you may unsubscribe from at any time).
- Competition entries close at 11:59pm on Sunday 18 May 2014.
- The winner will be announced week commencing Monday 19 May 2014.
- All elements of the prize are subject to availability, non transferable and there are no cash alternatives. It cannot be sold or given to an alternative party.
- All entrants agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
These Terms & Conditions are subject to English law. The decisions of the Promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.