Renshaw Baking have partnered with Mich Turner at the Little Venice Cake Company to offer one lucky cake decorator or bride, the chance to win a Mich Turner Wedding Cake Masterclass (worth £995) plus a Renshaw goodie box, filled with icing and modelling paste.
The prize includes working with Mich on a dream wedding cake and taking home the result! Plus, one runner up will receive one year’s FREE Cake Craft and Decoration Magazine subscription and a £25 voucher to spend on one online order at renshawbaking.com.
During your two days at the Little Venice Cake Company, you’ll discover key wedding cake sugar crafting skills to make the Firenze Cake (see above) including how to:
- Cover both real cakes and faux tiers with marzipan and sugar paste
- Successfully dowel and stack your tiers
- Hand pipe parisian pearl and create Little Venice Lace designs.
At the end of the two days, you get to take your cake home! As the bottom layer is made of fruit cake, it’ll keep for a year – so if you or your friend are getting married this year (or next summer), you can have your cake and eat it at your wedding!
Competition Entry Details
To be in with a chance of winning the prize, simply tell us all about your dream wedding cake! What theme would you love to decorate around and what would be your ideal sponge base? We want to know all about your wedding cake aspirations.
Competition is now closed.
The competition closes on Thursday 22 August 2013, when you’ll be entered into a random prize draw, with the winner and runner up prizes announced on Tuesday 27 August.
Mich Turner is London’s leading designer of couture wedding cakes. At the age of 15 she won her first cookery prize, since then she’s written four internationally bestselling books, received an MBE and has been described as having “great cake chemistry” by Heston Blumenthal.
So, fancy discovering Mich Turner’s wedding cake decoration secrets? Or are you a confident sugar crafting bride-to-be who would love to make her own wedding cake?
Renshaw Dream Wedding Cake Competition Terms and Conditions
- Entrants and winners must be aged 18 or over and be residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Republic of Ireland.
- The competition is not open to employees (or their immediate families) of the Promoter, its agents or anyone professionally connected to the promotion.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- Entries must be submitted by completing the dream wedding cake survey hosted at www.renshawbaking.com.
- Winners will be entered into a random prize draw and chosen at Renshaw’s discretion, and only completed survey responses will count as entries.
- First prize entitles one person to attend a one or two day Classic Wedding Intensive cake decorating class at the Little Venice Cake Company in London with Mich Turner before Sunday 31 August 2014, subject to class dates and space availability. The prize winner will be required to arrange transportation for their finished cake.
- First prize also includes provision of train travel to and from London up to the value of £100. First prize also includes hotel accommodation for one night to the value of £150 only if the Classic Wedding Intensive cake decorating class covers a two day period and if hotel accommodation is necessary. Renshaw Baking will agree a time and date with the winner and purchase the train tickets and hotel accommodation on their behalf. For travel and accommodation costs over £250, the prize winner will be required to purchase their own ticket and accommodation, and on proof of purchase, Renshaw Baking will send a cheque for £250.
- The runner up prize entitle one person to one year’s free subscription to Cake Craft and Decoration Magazine, with the names and address of the winner to be provided to Renshaw Baking before Friday 27 September 2013 to be eligible to claim the prize. The runner up may also redeem £25 off one order at www.renshawbaking.com before Friday 25 October 2013.
- Renshaw reserve the right to feature competition responses and prize winner creations on the renshawbaking.com website and in Renshaw Baking communications.
- By entering this competition you agree to receive emails from renshawbaking.com (which you may unsubscribe from at any time).
- We will not pass on or sell your details or data to any third parties.
- Competition entries close at 11:59pm on Thurs 22 August 2013.
- The winners will be informed Tuesday 27 August 2013.
- All elements of the prize are subject to availability, non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives. It cannot be sold or given to an alternative party.
- All entrants agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
These Terms & Conditions are subject to English law. The decisions of the Promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.