Colourful iced cupcakes decorated with rainbows and clouds.
Uploaded by Renshaw Baking
- 250 g Renshaw Baby Blue Ready to Roll Icing
- 250 g Renshaw Poppy Red Ready to Roll Icing
- 250 g Renshaw Tiger Orange Ready to Roll Icing
- 250 g Renshaw Yellow Ready to Roll Icing
- 250 g Renshaw Atlantic Blue Ready to Roll Icing
- 250 g Renshaw Lincoln Green Ready to Roll Icing
- 250 g Renshaw Deep Purple Ready to Roll Icing
- 250 g Renshaw White Ready to Roll Icing
- 250 g Renshaw White Flower and Modelling Paste
- 400 g Renshaw Vanilla Frosting
Renshaw products used
Email this recipe
To prepare the colours to make the rainbow, Follow either option A or B dependant on your preference: (A) Take a 20g ball of each colour of icing for the rainbow and blend with 20g of white Icing. Then mix in a small pinch of Tylose powder to make the paste a little more robust for rolling finely. (B) Take a 20g ball of each colour of icing and blend each of them with 20g of White flower and modelling paste. This will give a similar texture to Option A.
Spread a little frosting on the top of each cupcake so the icing sticks when placed on. On a clean, dry surface knead the baby blue icing until soft and pliable. Dust the surface with icing sugar pin out the icing, cut out circle and cover the top of the cupcakes, gently smooth down with the palm of your hand.
To make the rainbow, roll each colour thinly into a rope. Use the smoother to help if required. Start with the red icing first and work through the colours in order. Attach together with water. 15cm is a good length to make a few rainbows at a time. Curve the rainbow strip over (as seen in pic) and cut straight across. Repeat until you have used all the rainbow strip. Repeat this step for the number of rainbows you require. Attach to the top of the cupcakes using a little water.
To make the clouds, knead some white icing until pliable. Make small balls and attach to the base of the rainbow with water.
As many colours are used to create the rainbow, keep your hands clean and free from colour and icing. This will help you achieve a neat and clean looking design.