‘M’ Mother’s Day Cake
Personalisation at its best! Create this beautiful looking cake in the shape of an M in celebration of Mother’s Day. We have used our delicious Renshaw Strawberries and Cream Icing, and paired this with fresh strawberries for an extra fruity hit. The cake is then finished with a selection of Rainbow Dust decorations. Happy Mother’s Day to all the wonderful Mums out there!
To see our full range of Rainbow Dust decorations, please click here.
- Try using some cutting guides (sticks) on either side of your traybake when cutting the top off to give a perfectly flat surface.
- Why not try creating another shape letter or number? Just make a different shape template using some card.
Uploaded by Renshaw Baking
- Prepare your equipment: card, cutting guide (sticks), piping bag, nozzle, paintbrush x 2, paint palette
- Pre made traybake
- 400 g Renshaw Strawberries & Cream Icing
- Pre made macarons
- Rainbow Dust Metallic Paint- Metallic Gold
- Rainbow Dust Confetti- Gold Stars
- Rainbow Dust Sugar Crystals- Pearlescent Rose
Renshaw products used
Email this recipe
Making the cake:
Using a piece of card, draw an M shape (making sure it is no bigger than the cake you have) and cut this out to use as a template.
Cut the top off your traybake using a cutting guide if you have one, to make sure it is even (see top tip for help with this).
Place the M shaped card on top of your baked cake and use a sharp knife to gently cut around the template.
Decorating the cake:
Snip the end off the piping bag and insert the nozzle (we have used a Wilton plain tube nozzle- number 12).
Open the Renshaw Strawberries & Cream Icing tub, stir with a spoon and put into the piping bag. Pipe small bulb shapes on top of the M.
Lay down some greaseproof paper, select the macarons you want to use, and lay them on the paper.
Pour a small amount of the Rainbow Dust Metallic Paint into a bowl and using a paintbrush flick the paint onto the macarons.
Finish with Rainbow Dust Sugar Crystals, Gold Star Confetti and other decorations of your choice.