Jubilee Cherry & Almond Muffins by Chigs Parmar
Celebrate the Platinum Jubilee with these delicious cherry and marzipan muffins made by the talented Chigs Parmar @thelatebloomeruk with a helpful hand from his nephews.
Rumour has it marzipan is a favourite of the Royal household, so there’s no better time to add our delicious almond marzipan to your cakes and bakes. For an extra Jubilee vibe, mix some blueberries into your batter for a red, white and blue bake.
Uploaded by Renshaw Baking
- 10 g plain flour (crumble topping)
- 10 g ground almonds (crumble topping)
- 10 g caster sugar (crumble topping)
- 1 tsp lemon zest (crumble topping)
- 200 g cold crumbled Renshaw Original Marzipan (crumble topping)
- 20 g chopped Morello cherries (crumble topping)
- 20 g flaked almonds (crumble topping)
- 200 g self-raising flour (muffin batter)
- 110 g caster sugar (muffin batter)
- 100 g ground flour (muffin batter)
- 2 large eggs (muffin batter)
- 50 ml veg oil (muffin batter)
- 30 g cooled, melted unsalted butter (muffin batter)
- 200 ml full fat milk (muffin batter)
- 1/2 zest of unwaxed lemon (muffin batter)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (muffin batter)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (muffin batter)
- 1/2 tsp salt (muffin batter)
- 250 g chopped Morello cherries (muffin batter)
Method for the crumble topping:
In a bowl place all the dry ingredients and add the crumbled cold Renshaw Marzipan.
Using the tips of your fingers rub the dry ingredients into the marzipan until it resembles coarse rubble.
You should have some fine pieces and some larger pieces.
Method for the muffin batter:
In a large bowl whisk together the milk, eggs, oil, melted butter, vanilla bean paste and lemon zest.
Sift in the flour, ground almonds, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Mix until combined only, not over mix.
Fold in the chopped Morello cherries.
Using a tablespoon divide the mixture across 12 muffin cups. Only filling ¾ of the way up.
Top each muffin with the crumble mixture.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 170°C fan assisted. Check the muffins are cooked by using a wooden toothpick and if the toothpick comes out clear the muffins are done.
Allow to cool for five minutes in the tin before you remove.
Renshaw's Jubilee top tip:
Add some blueberries to your batter for a red, white and blue jubilee bake.