Caramel and Ginger Florentine Slice
Jewelled with almonds, cherries, and sultanas, this tray bake recipe has a hint of luxury with the surprise addition of Renshaw Ginger Crush. The compliment of a buttery shortbread base with the sweetness of the Florentine is a match that will leave your customers wanting more.
Perfect for Christmas time.
Find more Business Support Recipes here.
Uploaded by Renshaw Baking
- 325 g Flour (Shortbread Pastry Base)
- 125 g Caster Sugar (Shortbread Pastry Base)
- 250 g Butter (Shortbread Pastry Base)
- 50 g Corn Flour (Shortbread Pastry Base)
- 30 g Whole Egg (Shortbread Pastry Base)
- 500 g Renshaw Luxury Caramel
- 250 g Glace Cherries
- 250 g Sultanas
- 200 g Flaked Almonds
- 75 g Renshaw Ginger Crush
For the Shortbread Pastry::
Crumb the flour, sugar, cornflour and cubed butter in a mixing bowl
Add the egg and mix to form a dough, but do not over mix.
Leave to chill
For the Florentine Topping::
Pin out the pastry and line a shallow tin or sheet tray
Warm the Renshaw Luxury Caramel to soften @ 45ºC
Add the fruit, nuts, Renshaw Ginger Crush and gently mix to coat in the caramel.
Spread over the pastry base.
Bake @180ºC for approx. 10-15 mins until the caramel starts to bubble on the surface.