With The Great British Bake Off starting tonight, we thought we’d get in on the fun and run our own Great Renshaw Bake Off during the show. We want to get you involved in the spirit of the show, get baking and decorating and then show the world your skills. And better yet we’ll reward a winner every week with a Renshaw Baking gift voucher.
So for the first week we thought we choose something fun, exciting and seasonal. We want you to bake some cupcakes with a summer theme. And the skill we’ll be judging you on is piping. How you want to interpret the theme of summer is your choice, it can be direct and obvious or more subtle but its presence is vital.
We want to see you get creative with your piping skills too, see how artistic and out there you can get. To help you we’ve prepared a pdf how-to guide full of hints and tips on how to achieve incredible decoration with piped icing.
You can download the pdf here and use it to hone your skills before submitting your entry.
We’ll be judging you on the following criteria:
- Theme Appropriateness
To enter all you need to do is make your cupcake(s) and then take a beautiful picture and either tweet it to us using the hashtag #renshawbakeoff or upload the photo to our Facebook page.
Once the competition is closed all entries will be judged and the lucky winner will receive a £25 voucher to spend on renshawbaking.com.
If you need some inspiration we suggest looking at our ice cream cupcakes recipe or how about this delicious chocolate and pomegranate recipe from The Pink Whisk.
So get thinking about your summer themed cupcake now and wow us with your piping skills!
Challenge Terms and Conditions
- Entrants and winners must be aged 18 or over and be residents of the United Kingdom.
- The competition is not open to employees (or their immediate families) of the Promoter, its agents or anyone professionally connected to the promotion.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- Entries must be submitted by 10th of August.
- Winners are chosen at Renshaw’s discretion.
- The prize includes a £25 voucher off one order at www.renshawbaking.com before midnight Sunday 2nd November 2014.
- Renshaw reserve the right to feature competition responses and prize winner creations on the renshawbaking.com website and in Renshaw Baking communications.
- By entering this competition you agree to receive emails from renshawbaking.com (which you may unsubscribe from at any time).
- Competition entries close at 11:59pm on Sunday 10 August 2014.
- The winner will be announced week commencing Monday 11 August 2014.
- All elements of the prize are subject to availability, non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives. It cannot be sold or given to an alternative party.
- All entrants agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
These Terms & Conditions are subject to English law. The decisions of the Promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.