- 100g (4oz) self-raising flour
- 100g (4oz) caster sugar
- 100g (4oz) butter
- 2 medium eggs – beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Line a cup cake tray with cases.
- Sieve the self-raising flour into a mixing bowl, add the caster sugar and butter, then slowly mix in the beaten eggs.
- Whisk the mixture for approximately two minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases until they are half full.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes and remove when light, fluffy and golden brown.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.